About St. Paul Building
The St. Paul Building was a skyscraper in New York City built in 1898 to designs by George B. Post that repeated the same Ionic order for each floor, to little cumulative effect. At 315 ft (96 m) tall it was one of the tallest skyscrapers of its era. The building was 26 stories tall. It was demolished without public expression of regret in 1958 in order to make way for the Western Electric Building. The building received its name from St. Paul's Chapel which is located directly across Broadway from the tower's site. A section of the ground-floor facade of the St. Paul Building, including atlantes by Karl Bitter, was removed when it was demolished and taken to Indianapolis, Indiana where it now stands in Holliday Park. It has been named The Ruins and also includes statues from other historic buildings. It was completed in 1977.