Skyscrapers 1 to 10 of 10
The Alabama Power Headquarters Building, is an 18 story (98 m), corporate headquarters building located in Birmingham, Alabama. The building, completed in 1990 is part of the Alabama Power Headquarters Complex which is composed of four office buildings and a parking garage. The four buildings contain over 700,000 square feet. The Alabama Power Headquarters Complex is one of five buildings Southern Company has in the Birmingham area, the others being in the Inverness and Lakeshore area.
The Regions Center (formerly the AmSouth Center, before that the AmSouth-Sonat Tower, and originally the First National-Southern Natural Building) is a 119 meter (390 foot) tall, 30 story office tower located at northwest corner of 20th Street and 5th Avenue North in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. It served as the corporate headquarters for AmSouth Bancorporation from 1972 until 2006 and Sonat, Inc. and its subsidiaries from 1972 until 2007 when it relocated to the Colonial Brookwood Center.
The AT&T City Center, is a 30 story, 390 foot (119 m) office building located in Birmingham, Alabama. Completed in 1972,the building was originally known as the South Central Bell Building and served as the corporate headquarters for South Central Bell and its five-state operating territory. In 1998 the building was renamed the BellSouth City Center after completing an $80 million dollar renovation. Renovations were done by Brasfield & Gorrie.
The Colonial Brookwood Center is a 9 story Class A office building located in Birmingham, Alabama between the suburbs of Mountain Brook and Homewood. The office building is owned by Colonial Properties Trust and is a part of the company's Colonial Brookwood Village development. Construction on the building began in 2006. The building consists of 9 floors, 4 of which contain parking and retail, and 5 that contain corporate offices.
The Daniel Building is a 20 story, 238 foot (86 m) office building located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Built in 1970, the building originally served as a regional office for the engineering and construction company Daniel International. It also served as the corporate headquarters for Daniel International's real estate division, Daniel Realty, which today is known as Daniel Corporation. In 1993 Compass Bancshares bought the building from Daniel Corporation.
The Galleria Tower, is a 17-story, 285,000 square foot (26,000 m²) office building located at the Riverchase Galleria in the Hoover suburb of Birmingham, Alabama. The building was developed by Jim Wilson & Associates as a part of the Riverchase Galleria. Construction began in 1983 and was completed in 1986. The building connects to the Galleria via a large glass atrium. The building is the the tallest office building outside of the Downtown Birmingham District.
The Heaviest Corner on Earth is a promotional name given to the corner of 20th Street and 1st Avenue North in Birmingham, Alabama, United States, in the early 20th century. The name reflected the nearly-simultaneous appearance of four of the tallest buildings in the South, the 10-story Woodward Building (1902), 16-story Brown Marx Building (1906), 16-story Empire Building (1909), and the 21-story American Trust and Savings Bank Building (1912).
The Liberty National Life Complex, is a corporate office complex located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. The complex is made up of two connecting buildings. The original building was built in 1925 and contains 10 stories. The second building, a 16 story building, was originally built in 1952 as a 10 story building, but was expanded in 1971 by six stories.
The Regions-Harbert Plaza, is a 32 story, 437 foot (138 m) office building located in Birmingham, Alabama.It is the second tallest building in the Birmingham area. Originally known as the AmSouth-Harbert Plaza the building was renamed on July 13, 2007 following the buildings largest tenant AmSouth Bancorporation merger with Regions Financial Corporation. The 31st floor contains the private Summitt Club.
The Wachovia Tower is a 34 story, 454 foot (138 meter) tall office building located in Birmingham, Alabama. Built in 1986 as the corporate headquarters for SouthTrust Corporation, the building was originally known as the SouthTrust Tower until 2005 when SouthTrust completed its meger with Wachovia. The building was developed by Johnston-Rast & Hays and designed by architects Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and Giattina, Fisher & Aycock.