Skyscrapers 1 to 10 of 27
1717 East Ninth Building, also known as the East Ohio Building, is a skyscraper in Cleveland, Ohio. Completed in 1959, it was one of the first modernist high-rises in Cleveland, along with the Illuminating Building. It is currently the 22nd tallest building in Cleveland, at 275 feet (84 meters). It was designed by Emery Roth and Sons of New York City. Tishman Properties also of New York City was the developer. Ground was broken in March 1958 and in April 1959 it opened to the public.
55 Public Square (formerly known as the Illuminating Building, after the Illuminating Company, the building's primary tenant) is a 22-story skyscraper located at number 55 Public Square, the town square of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Designed by Carson Lundin & Shaw Architects, it is 300 feet (91 m) tall, was completed in 1958, and was the first new skyscraper built in Cleveland since the Terminal Tower complex was completed in 1930.
Ameritech Center or AT&T Ohio is a commercial high-rise building in Cleveland, Ohio. The building rises 253 feet (77 m) in Downtown Cleveland as a part of the Erieview Plaza complex. It contains 16 floors, and was completed in 1983. AT&T Center currently stands as the 29th-tallest building in the city, tied in rank with the Penton Media Building and the Ohio Savings Plaza. The architectural firm who designed the building was Madison Madison International.
The Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building (also known as the Federal Office Building, the Celebrezze Building, or the Federal Building for short) is a skyscraper located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Designed by the firms of Outcault, Guenther, Rode & Bonebrake, Schafer, Flynn & Van Dijk, and Dalton, Dalton, Little, and Newport, the building has 32 stories, rises to a height of 419 feet (128 m), 1,007,000 square feet (93,600 m) of space,and is located at 1240 East 9th Street.
The Ameritrust Tower (formerly known as the Cleveland Trust Tower) is a brutalist skyscraper located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The building is 29 stories and rises to a height of 383 ft (117 m). It was designed by Marcel Breuer and Hamilton Smith and completed in 1971. The tower faces East 9th Street, and although plans called for a second mirror-image tower along Euclid Avenue, the second building was never constructed.
200 Public Square (also known as the Sohio Building, Standard Oil building, the BP America Building, BP America Tower, BP Tower, or the BP Building) is the third tallest skyscraper in Cleveland, Ohio. The building, located on Public Square in Downtown Cleveland reaches 45 stories and 658 ft (201 m) and holds 1.2 million square feet (111,000 m²) of office space. Beginning in 2011, the building will be the Cleveland headquarters for Huntington Bancshares.
The Carl B. Stokes Federal Court House Building (also known as the Carl B. Stokes Federal Court House Tower, Federal Court House Tower, and the Stokes Tower) is a skyscraper located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The building has 24 stories and rises to a height of 430 feet (130 m). Named after Carl Stokes, the 51st mayor of Cleveland and the first African American mayor of a major city, the Court House Tower is located on the corner of Huron Road and Superior Avenue.
The Eaton Center is a skyscraper in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The building has 28 stories and rises to a height of 356 ft (109 m). The structure, was one of the structures that expanded Cleveland's central business district eastward in the early-1980s building boom in the city. The decision for Eaton Center started in 1978, when St. John's College, which at the time was owned by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland experienced a downturn in enrollment. St.
The Erieview Tower (also known as the Tower at Erieview, 100 Erieview, or the Erieview Plaza Tower) is a skyscraper located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The building has 40 stories, rises to a height of 529 ft (161 m), and has 703,000 square feet (65,300 m) of office space. It was built at a cost of $24,100,000. The tower was the first and most significant structure of the Erieview urban renewal plan initiated by Mayor Anthony J. Celebrezze in late 1960.
Fenn Tower is a 22-story skyscraper in Cleveland, Ohio. It is owned by Cleveland State University. It was built for the National Town and Country Club, but was only used for one event before closing. It was originally known as the National Town and Country Club before being sold. It was purchased by Fenn College in 1937. It is currently being used as student housing. It is the second tallest structure on the Cleveland State campus, second only to Rhodes Tower.