Skyscrapers 21 to 30 of 98
The Courtyard by Marriott is a mid-upscale high-rise Hotel in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It stands next to the similarly-appearing Millender Center Apartments, and is connected to the apartments, the Renaissance Center, Millender Center Detroit People Mover station and the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center via an enclosed Skyway. The building stands at 333 East Jefferson Avenue. It was built in 1984 and opened in 1985 as the Omni International Hotel.
The David Broderick Tower is a skyscraper in Detroit, Michigan that is under redevelopment with an expected completion date in 2010. Construction began in 1926, and was completed in 1928. The tower was the second tallest building in Michigan when it was completed in 1928. It stands 35-stories tall, with two basement floors. The building is designed with Neo-classical architecture, Chicago school, and Beaux-Arts designs. Limestone is a prominent material in the building's surface.
The David Stott Building is an Art Deco skyscraper in downtown Detroit, Michigan designed by the architectural firm of Donaldson and Meier. It was built in 1929 at the corner of Griswold Street and State Street (1150 Griswold St.), near Capitol Park. It is named after a businessman in Detroit who owned a mill and was on the boards of multiple other companies. It has 37 stories with three additional floors below street level.
The David Whitney Building is a vacant historic skyscraper on the northern edge of downtown Detroit, Michigan. It is located at 1553 Woodward Avenue, adjacent to Grand Circus Park. The building stands at the corner of Park Avenue, Woodward Avenue, and Washington Boulevard. Construction on the 19-floor structure began in 1914. It is named for David Whitney Jr., a wealthy Detroiter who earned millions of dollars as a white pine baron; his father has been called the employer of Paul Bunyan.
The Detroit Athletic Club, sometimes called the DAC, is an athletic club in the heart of Detroit's theater, sports, and entertainment district designed by Albert Kahn and inspired by Rome's Palazzo Farnese. Clubs of this type usually maintain reciprocal agreements for their members worldwide. These clubs typically have athletic training facilities, swimming pools, recreation, fine restaurants, elegant ballrooms, guest rooms for members, and exclusive member services.
The Detroit Building is a high-rise office building located in downtown Detroit, Michigan at 2210 Park Avenue, in the Park Avenue Historic District, in the Foxtown neighbourhood. The building was constructed in 1923, and stands at 10 floors in height. It was designed in the Beaux-Arts architectural style. The building received a multi-million dollar renovation that relocated some offices of Ilitch-owned businesses to the building. The project was completed in 2009.
The former Detroit City Hall once stood at the site of the One Kennedy Square building in downtown Detroit, Michigan. The former city hall building was constructed in 1861, and finished in 1871. It was demolished in 1961. It stood at 5 stories in height, 4 above-ground, and one basement floor. It was built by Alexander Chapoton of one of the city's oldest French families. The Queen Anne style Alexander Chapoton House (c. 1870) still stands at 511 Beaubien.
The Detroit Commerce Building was located at 138-150 Michigan Avenue (the corner of Michigan Avenue and Shelby Street), in downtown Detroit, Michigan. The high-rise stood at 13 stories, 12 above-ground, and one basement floor. It was built in 1915 as headquarters for the People's Outfitting Company department store and was designed in the Chicago School architectural style. The store moved to other quarters in 1959 and the building was converted to office space.
Detroit Edison Plaza is a large skyscraper in Detroit, Michigan. It is often referred to as "DTE Energy Building", from a large neon sign on the building's top floor. That is incorrect, however, as there is a nearby building with that name. It was constructed in 1971, and contains 25 floors, reaching a height of 374 feet (114 m). It is built in the International style of architecture. It is composed of steel, with many glass windows.
The Detroit Free Press Building is a building designed by architect Albert Kahn and constructed in downtown Detroit, Michigan, in 1924 and completed a year later. The high-rise building has two basement floors, and 14 floors above the ground, for a total of 16 floors. The building features Art Deco architecture style, and incorporates a great deal of limestone into its materials. Its design features stepped massing in the central tower and flanking wings.