Skyscrapers 41 to 50 of 98
The Fyfe Building stands at 10 W. Adams Avenue, at the corner of Adams Ave. and Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It faces onto Central United Methodist Church, and Grand Circus Park. The high-rise building was constructed in 1916, and is one of Detroit's oldest; it was finished in 1919, and was constructed in the neo-gothic architectural style. It stands at 14 floors, and has 65 residential units.
Grand Park Centre (also known as The Michigan Mutual Building) is a high-rise office building in downtown Detroit, Michigan, located at 28 West Adams Avenue, at the corner of Adams Avenue West and Woodward Avenue, standing across from Grand Circus Park in the Foxtown neighbourhood. Nearby buildings and attractions are Grand Circus Park, Comerica Park, Ford Field, the Dime Building, and Campus Martius Park.
The Griswold Building Senior Apartments is a tall apartment building in downtown Detroit, Michigan, located at 1214 Griswold Street. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The Griswold Building Senior Apartments was built in 1929 as an office building, known as the Griswold Building, on the former site of the Miles Theatre. The Griswold Building stands 12 floors in height, with 127 units/rooms.
The Guardian Building is a skyscraper in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Today, the building is owned by Wayne County, Michigan and serves as its headquarters. Built in 1928 and finished in 1929, the building was originally called the Union Trust Building and is a bold example of Art Deco architecture, including art moderne designs. At the top of the Guardian Building's spire is a large American Flag, complementing the four smaller flags atop nearby 150 West Jefferson.
The Hammond Building was Detroit's first skyscraper. It has since been demolished, to be replaced by the Bank One Building (Now named the Chase Tower). The location of the former building is at the corner of Griswold Street and West Fort Street, in downtown. The high-rise building was constructed in 1889, and destroyed in 1956 to make way for the National Bank of Detroit Building.
Harvard Square Building is located at 1344-1346 Broadway Street, in downtown Detroit, Michigan, next to the Merchants Building. It was built in 1925 and stands at 12 floors in height, designed in the Neo-classical architectural style with Romanesque accents. It is currently unused. The current plans for the building calls for a renovation that will include 21 loft apartments. Heritage National Investment has proposed converting the building into 21 residential loft apartments.
The Hotel Tuller once stood at Adams Avenue West, Bagley Street, and Park Avenue across from Grand Circus Park in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It was one of the largest luxury hotels in Detroit, and the first one to be erected in the Grand Circus Park Historic District. The hotel was known as the "grand dame of Grand Circus Park." The site is now the location of a gravel parking lot next to the United Artists Theatre Building.
The Hyatt Regency Dearborn is a major hotel and conference center located in the Metro Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan at 600 Town Center Drive, near the intersection of Michigan State Highway 39 and U.S. Route 12. The building was constructed in 1976 and recently remodeled. It is fourteen stories and has 772 rooms. The high-rise is used mainly as a hotel, conference center, restaurant, retail area, and fitness center.
The Industrial-Stevens Apartments (formerly the "Industrial Building Apartments") in downtown Detroit, Michigan is a high-rise built in 1928. It is located at 1410 Washington Boulevard, and occupies the building block bordered by West Grand River Avenue and Washington Boulevard. The residential building stands 22 storeys tall, with 21 above-ground floors, and one basement level. Architect Louis Kamper designed the Book Tower and the Industrial-Stevens (right) both of which are pictured.
The J.L. Hudson Department Store and Addition, also known as the Hudson's Building, is a now-demolished building in Detroit, Michigan, which occupied the address of 1206 Woodward Avenue. It was constructed in 1923, with additions throughout the years, before being "completed" in 1946, and named after the company's founder, Joseph Lowthian Hudson.