Skyscrapers 1 to 10 of 15
11 Stanwix Street (formerly the Westinghouse Tower) is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The tower was originally built and named for the Westinghouse Corporation. Tenants today include IBM, law firm Cohen & Grigsby, advertising firm Brunner, and the local headquarters for First Niagara Financial Group. 11 Stanwix Street was completed in 1970 and it has 23 floors. It rises 355 feet or 108 meters above Downtown Pittsburgh.
The Cathedral of Learning, a Pittsburgh landmark listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is the centerpiece of the University of Pittsburgh's main campus in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Standing at 535 feet (>163 m), the 42-story Late Gothic Revival Cathedral is the tallest educational building in the Western hemisphere and the second tallest university building (fourth tallest educationally-purposed building) in the world.
The Frick Building is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The tower is named after Henry Clay Frick, an industrialist coke producer who created a portfolio of commercial buildings in Pittsburgh. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The tower was built directly adjacent to a building owned by Andrew Carnegie, on the site of Saint Peter Episcopal Church.
Gulf Tower is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The tower is named for the Gulf Oil Corporation, which was one of the leading multinational oil companies of its time, consistently ranking among the largest 10 corporations in the country. In 1984, Gulf and Chevron took part in the world's largest merger to that time.
Koppers Tower is one of the major distinctive and recognizable features of Downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. The tower is named for the Koppers Chemical Corporation. Koppers Tower was completed in 1929 and it has 34 floors. It rises 475 feet or 145 meters above Downtown Pittsburgh. Its address is Grant Street & Seventh Avenue. The structure is unique Art Deco built with Indiana limestone with a polished granite base and dark copper roof.
The Oliver Building, also known as the Henry W. Oliver Building, is a prominent skyscraper in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It is a 25-story office building at 535 Smithfield Street, across from Mellon Square in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The building was designed by Daniel Burnham and built 1908-10, consisting of a stone and terra cotta facade over a steel frame.
One PNC Plaza is a high-rise office building located in the Golden Triangle neighborhood of the Central Business District of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Constructed in 1972, it is 424 feet (129 m) in height and has 30 stories. It houses the general offices for PNC Financial Services and serves as the corporation's principal headquarters.
PPG Place is a complex in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania consisting of six buildings within three city blocks and five and a half acres. Named for its main tenant, PPG Industries who initiated the project for its headquarters, the buildings are all of matching glass design consisting of 19,750 pieces of glass. The complex centers around One PPG Place, a 40-story office building. Groundbreaking ceremonies occurred on January 28, 1981.
The Carlyle is a 300ft (91m) tall skyscraper at Fourth Avenue and Wood Street in Pittsburgh. It was completed in 1906 and has 21 floors. It is tied with Washington Plaza and the Commonwealth Building for 26nd tallest building in the city. This 1906 neo-classical building was originally the Union National Bank Building, designed by the architectural firm of MacClure & Spahr. Benno Janssen, who was employed by that firm, had a key role in its design.