About Hammond Building
The Hammond Building was Detroit's first skyscraper. It has since been demolished, to be replaced by the Bank One Building (Now named the Chase Tower). The location of the former building is at the corner of Griswold Street and West Fort Street, in downtown. The high-rise building was constructed in 1889, and destroyed in 1956 to make way for the National Bank of Detroit Building.