About Textile Center Building
Textile Center Building is a 12-story brick building located in the Los Angeles Fashion District. Designed by William Douglas Lee in the Gothic Revival style, the building opened in 1926 as a center for garment manufacturing. It has since been converted to condominiums. The Textile Center Building was developed by Florence C. Casler, a pioneering woman real estate developer and contractor. When the building was completed, Casler maintained her office there during the height of her career. In April 1926, the Los Angeles Times reported on the building's opening as follows: "More than 6000 people were present at the formal opening of the new Textile Center Building, the new loft building on the corner of Eighth and Maple, built and owned by Lloyd & Casler, Inc., and catering exclusively to the wholesale garment manufacturers of the city." As part of the grand opening, a fashion show was conducted featuring wearing apparel manufactured in Los Angeles. A $400,000 bond offering in May 1927 noted that the Textile Center Building had a total floor area of 88,704 square feet (8,240.9 m) and was completed in January 2006 at a cost of $626,240.68.