Skyscrapers 1 to 10 of 11
Cadillac Place is an ornate high-rise class-A office complex in the New Center area of Detroit, Michigan constructed of limestone, granite, and marble. Originally the General Motors Building, it had housed the company's world headquarters from 1923 until 1996. In 1996, GM moved its world headquarters to the Renaissance Center and sold the magnificent building which is leased by the State of Michigan on a long term basis. The building was renamed Cadillac Place.
The David M. Dennison Building is a building located on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The building is located at 500 Church Street. It was built in 1963 by Albert Kahn, and stands twelve stories in height. It is a brick building with a modern style. Twelve floors are above-ground, and there is one basement floor. The high-rise is used mainly for undergraduate education, particularly physics and mathematics.
The Detroit Athletic Club, sometimes called the DAC, is an athletic club in the heart of Detroit's theater, sports, and entertainment district designed by Albert Kahn and inspired by Rome's Palazzo Farnese. Clubs of this type usually maintain reciprocal agreements for their members worldwide. These clubs typically have athletic training facilities, swimming pools, recreation, fine restaurants, elegant ballrooms, guest rooms for members, and exclusive member services.
The Detroit Free Press Building is a building designed by architect Albert Kahn and constructed in downtown Detroit, Michigan, in 1924 and completed a year later. The high-rise building has two basement floors, and 14 floors above the ground, for a total of 16 floors. The building features Art Deco architecture style, and incorporates a great deal of limestone into its materials. Its design features stepped massing in the central tower and flanking wings.
The First National Building is an skycraper and class-A office center in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Completed in 1930, the structure rises 25 stories and includes two basement levels, occupying an entire block along Cadillac Square (adjacent to Campus Martius Park). Located withom the Detroit Financial District, the tower's main uses are for offices and retail. It was constructed primarily with limestone. The building was designed by Albert Kahn in the Neoclassical architectural style.
The Fisher Building (1928) is an ornate class-A skyscraper in the New Center area of Detroit, Michigan, United States constructed of limestone, granite, and marble. Financed by the Fisher family with proceeds from the sale of Fisher Body to General Motors, the structure was designed to house office and retail space. The building was designated a National Historic Landmark on June 29, 1989. The building also contains the 2,089 seat Fisher Theatre.
The DoubleTree Guest Suites Fort Shelby/Detroit Downtown is an historic high-rise hotel, located at 525 West Lafayette Boulevard (at First Street) in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It was originally named the "Fort Shelby Hotel" when it opened its doors in 1916. In 1951 it was renamed the "Pick Fort Shelby" when it was bought out by the Albert Pick Hotels Company. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
The Griswold Building Senior Apartments is a tall apartment building in downtown Detroit, Michigan, located at 1214 Griswold Street. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The Griswold Building Senior Apartments was built in 1929 as an office building, known as the Griswold Building, on the former site of the Miles Theatre. The Griswold Building stands 12 floors in height, with 127 units/rooms.
The Kales Building is a high-rise apartment building in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It's located 76 West Adams at the northeast corner of Adams Avenue West and Park Avenue, across from Grand Circus Park, in the Foxtown neighborhood, just north of Downtown. The building was designed by Albert Kahn and constructed in 1914, and stands at 18 floors, with one basement floor, for a total of 19 floors in height. It was originally named the Kresge Building and it was given its current name in 1930.
The Maccabees Building is a historic building located in Midtown Detroit, at 5057 Woodward Avenue. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. It is a part of Wayne State University. The 14 floor central section is rectangular and stands at 197 feet (60 m) in height. Attached to each corner of the building is a 10 story tower, giving the overall building the shape of an "H".