About La Posada de Albuquerque
The Andaluz Hotel was built in 1939 as the Hilton Hotel and operated most recently for the past twenty-odd years as La Posada de Albuquerque. It is a historic building located at 125 2nd Street NW in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico. Opened in 1939, it was Conrad Hilton's fourth hotel and the first modern highrise hotel in the state. Architect Anton F. Korn designed the ten-story building in the New Mexico Territorial style, with earthtone stucco, brick coping along the roofline, and southwest-style woodwork and furnishings. The hotel was renovated in 1984 and reopened as La Posada. The old Hilton Hotel was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. In March 2008, it was renamed "Andaluz" and reopened in 2009. The new property features Lucia restaurant, the rooftop bar Ibiza and 6,000 square feet of conference facilities.