About Fifth Third Center
Fifth Third Center is a skyscraper located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The building has 28 stories and rises to a height of 446 ft (136 m) with 515,000 square feet. It is currently the sixth tallest building in Cleveland. It was designed by RTKL Associates and was originally constructed as Bank One Center in 1992. It was renamed in 2003, when Fifth Third Bank of Cincinnati relocated to the structure. The site of the Fifth Third Center was occupied by the Hollenden House from 1890-1989. The original Hollenden House Hotel was built in 1890 but demolished in 1963. In 1963, as demolition of the Old Hollenden House Hotel was occurring, the foundation for a new 1960s style hotel was being built. In 1989, developer John Galbreath, who had his hand in the Erieview and One Cleveland Center project, worked with Japan's Nissi Iwho Realty Trust of Tokyo to build a new Tower. In 1989, Citibank agreed to finance the construction of the tower. It cost $70,000,000 to build. In 1990, as construction was progressing, Bank One Corporation took five floors and renamed the Tower as Bank One Center. Bank One stayed in the tower from 1991-2003.