About 1600 Pacific Tower
1600 Pacific Tower, also known as the LTV Tower and National Bank of Commerce Building, is a skyscraper in the City Center District of Dallas, Texas. The building rises 434 feet (132 meters). The structure contains 33 floors of office space, standing as the 29th-tallest building in the city. The building is adjacent to Thanks-Giving Square and connected to the Dallas Pedestrian Network. The building was designed in 1961 by architects Harwood K. Smith and Dales Young Foster and opened in 1964 as the fifth tallest building in Dallas. Banking facilities for the National Bank of Commerce were located on the second and third floors, while the 28-story tower portion of the building contained the executive headquarters for LTV (Ling-Temco-Vought), Electro-Science Investors, and American Life Insurance Company plus other leasable space. 2 levels of parking are located below the structure. The ground floor contained a marble and granite pedestrian mall connecting Elm Street and Pacific Avenue, open 24 hours a day for pedestrian passage. An innovative motor bank, called "Teller-Vision," allowed drive up bank customers to conduct business over a closed circuit television system.