About 505 North Ervay
505 North Ervay, also known as the Reserve Loan Life Building, is a mid-rise skyscraper located in the City Center District of downtown Dallas, Texas (USA). Originally an office building, today it is part of the First Baptist Church of Dallas campus. Originally planned as an 8-story structure, construction began in 1945 on a square site at the corner of Federal Street and North Ervay Street. After a delay, developer Monroe Building Corporation revised the design and the structure was expanded to include three additional floors. The building was constructed of steel, brick and glass; the use of 5-foot-wide (1.5 m) exterior floor separations gave the building a horizontal emphasis. Upon completion in 1948, the building was sold to the Reserve Loan Life Insurance Company, which occupied the building's first four floors. The remainder of the office space was leased to various companies including insurance and advertising firms. It was also home to offices for the United States Secret Service, whose testimony served a role in the 1963 John F. Kennedy assassination's Warren Commission.