About John Milton Bryan Simpson United States Courthouse
The Bryan Simpson United States Courthouse is a courthouse and U.S. federal government facility in Jacksonville, Florida. It houses: The courthouse was completed in late 2002 at a cost of $84 million and opened in early 2003. It replaced the old former courthouse, which was built in 1933 and had many indoor air quality problems, including illness-inducing mold and mildew. The new courthouse comprises 492,000 square feet (45,700 m) building. It was named after John Milton Bryan Simpson after an act of Congress introduced by Florida U.S. Senator Bill Nelson was passed. The courthouse was officially dedicated on August 11, 2008.