About Boji Tower
Boji Tower stands at 124 Allegan Street, in Lansing, Michigan. It has been the tallest building in Lansing, since its completion in 1931. The tower was originally constructed as the Olds Tower, named after the automotive industrialist, Ransom Eli Olds, who was the main financier of the tower project. Shortly thereafter it was renamed Capital National Bank Tower, after the bank that Ransom Eli Olds helped form. It became the Michigan National Bank Tower in 1954, and held that name until 2001 when Michigan National Bank was bought out by Standard Federal Bank. At the request of Standard Federal Bank, the owners of the tower removed the historic neon 'Michigan National' sign. After 4 and a half years without a name, it was renamed Boji Tower after the Boji family, a father and son development team of Iraqi descent, who had owned the tower since 1998. The tower has been through one major expansion which occurred between 1965 and 1967, which include the addition of an 11-story annex built directly adjacent to the front of the tower. The tower has undergone multiple minor renovations since 1998 under the Boji Group's ownership.