About Chase Tower, Oklahoma City
Chase Tower, also known as Cotter Ranch Tower, is a signature skyscraper in Oklahoma City's central business district. At 152.4 meters (500 feet), it is the tallest building in the city and the fifth tallest in the state of Oklahoma. Most residents know the tower as Chase Tower but the tower's real name is Cotter Tower, named after its owner, real estate holdings owner James F. Cotter of San Antonio, Texas. Former names of the skyscraper include Liberty Tower and Bank One Tower. Located at 100 N. Broadway Ave, the 36-floor skyscraper was completed in 1971 for Liberty National Bank and Trust Company, once one of Oklahoma City's largest banks. Liberty Bank was purchased by Bank One in 1997. After the bank's acquisition by Bank One, the tower displayed the Bank One logo. Today the tower presently displays the Chase logo as the bank holds an agreement to lease signage rights on the building. The anchor of the USS Oklahoma, salvaged after the battleship was sunk at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, was located on the Park Avenue median between Chase Tower and the Skirvin Hilton Hotel until it was moved to its current location at 12th Street and Broadway.